Tuesday, June 01, 2010

5 months of salad... and counting...

I started having salad for lunch daily sometime early January, 2010. Since then, it's been fairly smooth sailing and I've added a few ingredients to the mix.

A lot of people have asked me if I got bored of the monotony of salad, but I highly disagree with them all. The deal with salad is that you get so many flavours in every bit that it's really hard to get bored of it. Besides, it's fairly juicy and crunchy that you enjoy having it -- really!!

Either ways, I have added a few extra ingredients over the months, so would like to share those with the very few and faithful readers of this blog.
  • Hazelnuts (halves)

  • Cashews (halves)

  • Pomegranates (in season)

  • Dates

  • Dried Anjeer (figs)

  • I've pretty much knocked off the mixed herbs in the dressing and just stick to Olive Oil and Honey

  • The baby corn is fresh baby corn, which needs to be stripped off it's covering; like you would for normal corn. The baby corn which results is really so sweet that you can eat it as-is!!

Enjoy your salad people!!

No comments: