|Fat (Butter + Oil)||120g (80g + 40g)|
|Sugar (castor or powder sugar):||2 cups|
|Salt (if not using salter butter):||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract/essence:||1 1/2 - 1 4/5 tsp|
|Baking powder:||1 1/5 tsp(for guey brownies) - 1 1/2 tsp(for cakey/fluffy brownies)|
- Grease and dust an 8" X 9" pan (basically 72 square inches in area), and pre-heat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Heat the water on a low flame till it is warm/mildly hot and add to it 1/3rd of the flour (65g). Do not remove the utensil from the flame, and continue stirring till the mixture thickens.
- Add the oil to the chocolate and melt the chocolate either in a microwave oven or on a double boiler.
- For making cakey(not guey) brownies, mix the sugar with the butter and whisk/beat till the mixture is light and fluffy. For making guey brownies, just mix the sugar with the flour and water mixture you just made.
- Mix the baking powder, cocoa powder and salt (if using unsalted butter) with the rest of the flour and sift it again a couple of times to mix them uniformly well.
- Add the vanilla extract with the flour and water mixture and mix it well.
- Now, mix all the portions that you have with each other and add the walnuts to this mixture. Make sure you mix it well. Perform this step quickly and briskly so that the baking powder doesn't wear out by the time you start baking it.
- Transfer the contents to the greaded and dusted pan, and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes (or till you think it is done).
- Remove frm over and wait for it to cool a bit (about 30-45 minutes), cut into pieces and enjoy!!