|All-purpose flour(Maida):||1 1/2 cups(170g)|
|Gram flour(besan):||1/2 cup(45g)|
|Powdered sugar:||1 cup + 2 Tbsp(175g)|
|Cow's Ghee(Clarified Butter):||1 cup minus 2 Tbsp = about 210 ml|
|Powdered cardamom:||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract/essence:||1 tsp|
- Preheat the oven to 145°C - 150°C. If it is not baked at this temp, then the gram flour(chickpea) will remain uncooked. If you bake it at a greater temperature, then the chickpea will get burnt(overcooked)!
- Mix the maida, besan and elaichi(cardamom) powder well with a spoon for about 5 mins.
- Cream the Ghee and sugar just until they are mixed well.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Lightly knead into a smooth dough.
- Make small roundlets, place on the baking sheet and make a design on top with a fork. Or you could place a single charoli nut on each roundlet.
- Bake for 30 mins or less(till done). The cookies will feel silky smooth and the flour will peel off from the sided, but they are actually done.
- Cool and enjoy!