Barbara asked me how to make these last year!!!! (realistically, about a month ago) and I haven't yet gotten back to her. That is pretty bad of me.
Here goes nothing....
|Chocolate sponge cake:||about 250g|
|Dark chocolate:||about 250g (preferably &ge 40% cocoa)|
|Fresh Cream:||about 100g|
|Walnuts:||about 100g (or to your taste)|
- Crumble the cake well into.... well crumbles.... Use very soft hands to do this.
- Mix the rum with the crumbled cake, but don't form a paste.
- Melt the chocolate (always over steam).
- Heat the cream in a saucepan till it is simmering and mix it well with the melted chocolate.
- Make small pieces of the walnuts and add them to the chocolate and cream mixure and mix well again.
- Empty the cake crumbs into the mixture above and mix till it forms a solid paste which can be rolled into balls. Note: You may need more/less of the cake crumbs depending on how watery/viscous the chocolate and cream mixture is.
- Roll them into balls!!!! You can put a thin layer of melted butter or ghee (clarified butter) on your palms so that the stuff doesn't stick to your palms while mixing.
Merry Christmas, and have a Great New Year!! :) :)